Wednesday 8 May 2013

Getting Back On The Bike

The dust has now well and truly settled after our epic adventure of Lands End to John o Groats in 8 days.  It took me a week to get back on the bike and even then, that was only for a ( very ) slow 19miles which wasn't too bad, except for the boil/blister on my right cheek of my bottom.  I thought it had gone away but soon raised its head.  And boy was it sore!

The pain then kept me off my bike for a further 6 days were I went a bit further at 36miles. Obviously nothing like what I had done but still far enough and hilly enough for a challenge for now as I fully recover.
Here's my ride - http://app.strava.com/activities/51000638

A reasonable speed and some good PR's to boot.

Mr. B is already pushing hard on the hills and doing longer runs as he's training for the Bowland Badass event we have both entered.  This has been classed as possibly the toughest Sportive of the year and I'm inclined to agree with them as I'm currently in 2 minds whether to stil do it or not.  Actually its been classed as an Ultra-sportive, its that tough.

Its 167miles in one day.  Yes that might be do-able but add 18,500 feet of climbing into as well and it becomes daft.  Apparently there is only 25miles of flat roads, the rest is either up or down.  Oh help!

If you want to find out more here's the link - http://bowlandbadass.com/  I'm down as number 17 on the entry list ( for now!! ).



No comments:

Post a Comment