Wednesday 10 April 2013

Day 4 LeJog 9th April 2013 - Ludlow - Home Stretch ( sort of )

After completing yesterday mega 122miles we knew today would just be as tough if only a few miles less, but at least we would ( or should ) be home and in our own beds - yippee!


Every morning seems to be really cold, were is the nice weather we had this time last year!  So fueled on Sainsbury porridge pots we set off.  At least thi stime we had some targets of knowing the places we would pass through

We're now finding that eating little and often is paying off.  Both mentally and physically.  We've set ourselves to meet the girls before Bayston Hill near Shrewsbury but plans got changed slightly as they had hoped to go to Hampton Court which we'd passed the previous day.  On the way they thought it was a bit far so turned around to then catch us up.  Unfortunately, the road they had just come down had been closed so they had to find alternative roads to catch us up.

We plodded along just trying to make the miles up.  We got to the A5 only for me to have a puncture.  Luckily the sun was shining and in a few minutes we were back on track.  The girls eventually caught us up.  Just before the stop we'd had to climb some steady hills on a fast road.  For me, I seem to have lost my climbing legs.  For Ric, he's just monstering along.  Slow, slow, slower, thats me!! Its weird as I can keep up a cracking pace on the flat.



Back on track we plowed along the A49 many times being battered by the wind and lorries hurtling past.  Quite scary at times.

My target was Oulton Park racing circuit which gave a morale boost




The next stop for us was in Warrington, but because we didn't exactly know where they had stopped, every pub that we passed that we hoped was the one they'd stopped at turned out not to be.  We were quite hungry and it seemed an age until we found it.

Fed and watered, the girls then left for home leaving us to plod along.  Plod being the word for me.  I seem to have around 90 miles in my legs and really starting to struggle beyond that.  But looking at the both of us, in our more youthful days, I was the sprinter and Ric the long distance runner.

The last fews miles were tough.  Plenty of encouragement from Ric helped as much as my legs would take.  Then, as we passed through Euxton a welcome morale boost was found as my brother Marc and my nephew Christopher where waiting in a layby.  Christopher then got a few `action shots of us wearily finishing off our journey.



I think Ric might have a sore bottom in that last shot.

And to finish off the day a welcoming party of Jus, Dia, Di's Mum, Meg and my sister in law Lisa saw us arriving home tired and ready for our own beds..  Night night!



Please support usJustGiving - Sponsor me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment